Wednesday, October 24, 2018

CANDY BAG

I like Jack O Lanterns.
I mean, that's obvious, right?
How many articles have I done about pumpkin people?

I was at the grocer's and there was the aisle full of Halloween candy.  Halloween candy really comes in two types.  The first type is theme candy for the season.  Sometimes it is just flavor themed, like pumpkin spice caramels (foul and disgusting) and other times it is just regular in flavor but theme shaped, like gummie ghosts.  The other type is regular candy portioned out in smaller sizes for trick or treaters and either wrapped in an autumnal style, or normally wrapped but in a cool theme bag.

I'm a sucker for marketing, I'm afraid.


Witness the glory of the bag that I resisted purchasing, but had to capture for posterity.
I purposely posed the bag on the shelf for the picture...then I left it there in the wrong spot.  Serves them right for not putting price tags up.  

Oh my.  Look at that beautiful Jack-O!  I love the eyebrows and the subtle squint marks under the eyes that give him such a humorously dangerous expression.  The window portion of the bag makes it look like he's eating all the candy.  This is why we love the season, people.  It's also why we can't have it all year round.  Mustn't spoil it with overexposure.  Still, you can always come back here in the coldest days of winter or the hottest days of summer, or even in the polleniest sneezy days of wretched spring and feast your eyes upon the glory.

Keep your pumpkins lit.  And well fed, it would seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment