Sunday, October 21, 2018

SOME PUMPKIN STUFF

The Celtic Pumpkin is very much a pro-pumpkin blog.  I love pumpkins.
Not to eat or anything.  I mean aesthetically.  Pumpkins and jack o lanterns as decorations, costumes, weapons...you name it, I dig it.

First up I found this neat little LED jack-o "candle".  It's got neat sculpt with dripping wax look.  I'm pro-fire, but I realize the ease and safety of battery-operated lights.  Since we've started putting LEDs into everything I think they've gotten pretty good and affordable.  Incandescent lights have a charm that LEDs lack, in my opinion, but it is not hard to make a neat little decoration like this one look good with LED.  Thumb-up on this one.

Do you have a Halloween Tree?  Not a copy of a Bradbury novel but one of those trees, black or otherwise, that you put ornaments on.  Some people have taken to decorating trees for all seasons of the year and commerce has answered with ornaments.
It's a good sculpt, this jack o'lantern ornament.  I like it.  I don't have a Halloween tree (for several reasons, but mainly 9 cats...9...cats) but it's a very nice jack-o.  I'd hang it from the rear view mirror of my car.
Thumb-up again.

No, sir, I don't like it.  I like pumpkin people as a rule, but this one does not appeal to me much.  Maybe it's the way the arms blend into the feet or the super large feet, I just don't know for sure.
Thumb-down, I'm afraid.

Now here's one upon which I am torn.  As presented the costume looks good.  Check the inset in the top left corner.  I'm not sure how I feel about the bloody "trick or treat" carved into the chest.  Or the navel and nipples.  Is this a monster that just resembles a pumpkin or man that has painted himself orange and put a jack o' lantern on his head?  It's not a plant person, for sure.  It has claws, which means nails, which means animal.  Unless they are wood fibers.  Again, I don't know.
If we look at the costume description it is only a mask (good mask though), gloves (pretty good), and the chest piece.  You want bloody jeans, work boots, and a flannel shirt you are paying extra.

Maybe you already have those items, so that's not so bad, I guess.
So I want to go 



but I'm feeling that maybe I should go 









if for no other reason than that chest piece.

Arrgghhh, decisions.

I'm giving it an UP overall, kiddies.
If it hadn't been for Cotton Eye Joe he'd a been married a long time ago.
Finally we have this monstrosity.  That's not a compliment.  That thing is horrible.  Again, not a compliment.  I like scarecrows almost as much as pumpkins.  Maybe this is trying to go for scarecrow with a jack o'lantern head, but what it looks like is a hillbilly jack o'lantern.  Actually that is quite appropriate, but I'm talking about stereotypes here.  The straw hair just makes it worse.  Oh, it glows in black light.  Well, shoot, I guess that makes it worth the $60 they charge for it.
Obviously.
Keep your LED pumpkins lit.




2 comments:

  1. I like them! Have quite a few pumpkin/jack o'lantern pieces around my place. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how am I just now finding this blog,I'm totally pumpkin centric when it comes to halloween decor!

    ReplyDelete