Friday, January 1, 2016

Now What Is That Wizard Doing?

Today we look at WW&Y book 3, Who Kidnapped Princess Saralinda to see what the Wizard is up to.
Well, first full disclosure: I never read this book either, but the plot synopsis says that Henry's daughter is to marry in a political alliance but goes missing and you, dear reader, are to take on the role of the Wiz or the War and search the castle for her.
Got it.
But that does not answer our question, which is, of course, just what in the hell in the Wizard doing here?
Following up his awesome dragon riding appearance with the lightning bolts he's just sort of standing there, making sparkles.  He looks grim and is he aware of the monstrous shadow?  I'm going to assume he is and he's making a smokey princess illusion to...scare the monster?  She looks like she's from a soap opera, does she not?
Clearly this sparkle dropping is great magic since some infernal wind is blowing his cloak all Batman-like about him.  This is that subtle wizardry we are always hearing about.  Either that or he's just run of out good spells and figures, "What the hell, I'll summon a frightening giant lady to scare away the monster."
Fear the alabaster skin and ruby lips of my giant woman, oh fiend from the pit!

If you are the observant type, you might remember this image from somewhere, like as though it was stolen and modified.

I claim innocence.
I think it is also possible that the Wizard realized he was getting a starring spot on the cover this time, full image and just wanted to strike a great pose and he thought nothing says it like glitter.


10 comments:

  1. I actually like this one quite a lot. the wizard looks bad ass. You really make me want to read/play these. And you make me long for D&Dr even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just wait then, because I have more commentary on the series covers coming. I played D&D a few months ago...it did not end well.

      Delete
    2. I will read more of your posts, I see you wrote a lot! I wonder what happened to end badly.

      Delete
    3. Big fight with the DM, hurt feelings all around, casting aspersions on the veracity of one's parentage. That sort of thing.

      Delete
    4. Reminds me of the games of my teenage years.

      Delete
    5. Me too. Sadly this was only about 3 months ago...

      Delete
  2. AD&D 2e. I miss it. "Back in my day, we had THAC0s, and we like 'em! "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was back in my day too. I only play AD&D 2e.

      Delete
    2. A group on FB offered to Skype me into a game. The DM is in LA. Now, all I have to do is find a way to afford internet. Being poor sucks.

      Delete
    3. Guillaume, that is awesome.
      Eddie, go for it, if you can that internet.

      Delete