Friday, December 2, 2011

Is this the greatest Nutcracker of the them all?

WIZARD NUTCRACKER

No, wait...
Let it sink in a bit.

Okay, now...WIIIIIIZARRRRD!

No fooling; I love nutcrackers.  I don't know why.  Maybe it is the way they combine militaristic imagery with a lack of belligerence.  Maybe it is the insane look on their faces with the giant toothy smiles.  Maybe it is a dim memory of my childhood or a racial memory.  Whatever the reason, I love nutcrackers.  At least around Christmas time I do.

I saw this particular nutcracker for sale at Christmastown BG and then looked it up online and here it is.  A wizard, in purple, with an owl.  That is awesome, that is.

This may be the greatest nutcracker of all time, and I am saying this full in the knowledge that there exists an Elvis nutcracker that I have seen with my own eyes.

Keep your yule log lit.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. The owl makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something to be said for the shoes as well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool nutcracker! I have a collection of them myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. At this point I have only 1...and he's teeny.

    ReplyDelete