Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Hiking Day

Recently (today as I write this) I went hiking in Northwest River Park.  Early Autumn hiking has its own joys, and while so doing I saw signs (some literal) of the coming of the annual Ghost Train ride.
So it all begins with a pleasant walk in the woods and this interesting peach looking fungus.  I am sorely tempted to taste it to see if it has any effects.
Ah, the famous Leprechaun Stump.  Oh, that's a leprechaun hole if ever I've seen one.  Farting Leprechauns even.   A closer look is in order...
Tell me you can see the leprechaun.  Please.  
Yep, definitely a leprechaun stump.See the entry door to the otherworld at the bottom?  Also I think there a little toilet in there.  Oh, I see ya, ya wee bastard with yer evil shenanigans.  Oh oh, you're going to buy me cereal.
Ah well, the walk continues.  There's a lake around here somewhere...

Lake Drummond, or so I am told by the wife, who is a native.  No, really.  Her grandmother is totally a Cherokee.  Which is, admittedly, not a Virginia tribe.  See how peaceful...
And the waterline.  Wait, I swear I hear rustling and that kkkk-ma-ma-ma noise.
Yeah, I don't want to be here right now.  So let's just hoof it away.
Aaahhh, spider!  Or not?  Oh yeah, ghost train is coming soon.  Whew.  There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded giant black widow.  With not legs.  Actually, come to think of it, that's not dangerous at all.
Ha ha, I see some giant has removed your legs, evil widow!  You'll take no man with you today!
Is that a gator under a tarp?
Mysterious objects bound with tarp and gaffer tape.  I wonder what it is.  Well, as there are no authorities watching, maybe I'll take a peek...
Aaaahh, shit!  It's the Lake Drummond Monster!  Thankfully it is sleeping, as I have no crappie, bowfin, or longnose gar to toss it to purchase my life.  This is madness.  I must away!

Okay, I have no words for this strange Reign of Terror setting in Chesapeake, a region never really known for heavy French colonization.
The treatment of our dear departed is simply deplorable these days.  I truly hope these are empty.  I should have checked, but I was feeling a bit woozy.
Back off, Baba Yaga.  This is a great effect that they use at the Ghost Train where she shoots up on an armature in a cloud of smoke and cackles.

WTF???  Is that a Clown Pirate?
I'm really starting to think that the mushrooms weren't actually edible after all.  I mean...is everyone seeing a clown with a pegleg, glowing green sword, and holding a small dog?

"Get out, see some nature", they said.  "It will be fun", they said.  "Don't eat the mushrooms," they said.

Keep those pumpkins lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment